Known as instantaneous water heaters, the tankless water heaters are designed with the idea to offer hot water right away. Instead of a regular, tank-based water heater that needs to heat up hot water and then offer it to you, the Tankless water heater gives you access right away. On top of that, the lack of a large tank makes it easier to install and it requires less space too.
Which is better: tankless water heater or tank?
It all depends on what you are looking for.
Tankless water heaters are heating water as it goes through the appliance.
They are eco-friendly, you have a compact design and they don’t occupy a lot of space.
They are very durable too, they have a service life of up to 20 years.
On the other hand, the tank-style water heaters will heat and store water in the tank for later use.
The tank can have anywhere from 20 to 80 gallons of water.
The downside is that these units require quite a lot of space.
They can have leaks, and the service life is 8-12 years in general.
Which one is better for you?
It depends on your needs.
If you don’t like the idea of having a tank full of water and you lack space within your apartment, the Tankless water heater can be a very good pick.
On the other hand, tank-based heaters are more affordable, and they also cost less to install.
It’s up to personal preference and your budget.
What is the downside of a tankless water heater?
The tankless water heaters require a large upfront investment.
What that means is they can be rather expensive.
In addition, the installation process can be complicated and expensive too.
In most cases, you need to make some home modifications in order to make it work.
Also, proper sizing is required, otherwise, you will encounter issues.
What are the pros of a tankless water heater?
Tankless water heaters heat up your water as it goes through the unit.
What that means is that you’re not limited to the water you would have stored in a tank.
If you need 200 gallons of hot water, then the Tankless water heaters can provide that to you.
On top of that, this type of home improvement product is eco-friendly, and it has a very compact design.
It doesn’t require a lot of space, which can be great in the case of small homes or apartments.
And yes, the 15-20 years of service life make it a very good investment and it will increase the value of your home.
What is the best tankless water heater?
Rinnai Indoor Tankless Hot Water Heater / V94IN/ Natural Gas / 9.8 GPM
It’s a smart investment for now and the future when you intertwine sustainability and reliability.
- Rinnai tankless water heaters with ThermaCirc360 technology recirculates hot water through your pipes to get you hot water fast.
- While you wait for hot water to travel from your old tank to your shower, you can waste the equivalent of twenty-four 16-ounce bottles of water every time. ─ that means an average of 8,700 bottles of water per person, per year.
Rinnai RU160iN RRU160iN, RU160in-Natural Gas/9 GPM
- ENERGY STAR Qualified with Uniform Energy Factor of .92
- Equipped with Rinnai Circ-Logic – Pair with an external pump to reduce wait time for hot water via scheduled or on-demand recirculation
- Save time with hot water whenever and wherever you need it, any size home, even for simultaneous uses at multiple fixtures
- Save energy and reduce utility costs by operating only when hot water is needed
Rheem 240V Heating Chamber RTEX-13 Residential Tankless Water Heater, GRAY
- External adjustable digital thermostatic control with LED display (+/1 degree accuracy
- Durable Copper immersion two heating elements, field Serviceable.Self-modulating power control
- Simple installation – 1/2 NPT adapters included; side 1/2 inch Compression water connections
- 99.8% energy efficient. External controls to adjust the temperature in increments of 1°f. Water-Saver Shower Head – 1.5 GPM
- Threaded for easy replacement, simple installation, digital temperature display 54 A. 13kW Model Flow Rate: up to 3.17 GPM
- 54 A
Stiebel Eltron Tankless Heater – Tempra 36 Plus – Electric, On-Demand Hot Water, Eco,
- On-demand, continuous and unlimited supply of hot water
- Sleek design saves space and no venting required
- Electronic switch activated for virtually silent operation. Phase- single 60 Hz. Voltage- 208 V. Wattage- 27 kW
- Copper sheathed heating element housed in a copper cylinder
- 7 Years leakage and 3 years parts complete warranty
Hike Crew Portable Propane Water Heater & Shower Pump
- PORTABLE OUTDOOR WATER HEATER – Innovative System Runs on Propane Gas Tank to Heat Water for Showering, Washing Dishes, Cleaning Hands & Other Tasks
- COMFORTABLE CAMPSITE SHOWERS – Includes Water Temperature Control Knob, Hand Faucet/Spigot & Shower Head Attachment w/  Adjustable Spray Patterns
- PUMP & HEAT ON-THE-GO – Connect AC/DC Adapter to Outlet or 12V Cigarette Lighter to Car for Instant Hot Water; Perfect for Camping, Fishing, Hiking & Hunting
- AUTOMATIC SAFETY SHUTOFF – Smart Technology Turns Off the Gas Burner When Water Reaches 125°F; Water Flow Sensor & Fuse & Tilt Protection for Added Safety
- CONVENIENT COMPACT DESIGN – Travel-Friendly Heater Arrives With Adapters, Hoses, Attachments & Accessories in a Handy Carry Bag
Related article 8 DIY Home Renovation Ideas On A Budget
If you are considering buying a tankless water heater and it is in your budget to do so then it can be well-spent money and a good investment considering the money you save in the long run. In addition, it’s nice to not have to wait for the water to heat back up once the tank is empty.