A well-designed bathroom is a must-have for any home. It’s where you’ll spend a lot of time, whether taking a shower or brushing your teeth. So your bathroom should be comfortable and functional so you can relax while getting ready in the morning or relaxing after a long day at work.
This blog post provides budget-friendly remodel ideas for creating a clean, modern look in your home bathroom!
Refresh Your Color Scheme
- Pick a light, neutral color palette. A bathroom can be an opportunity to change the look and feel of your space. If you’re ready for a fresh start, consider painting your walls and cabinets in light colors like white or cream to make the room appear larger and brighter. With the right bathroom paint, you can create wonders.
- Paint the walls first–and then add pops of color through accessories and accents. If you want to add some drama without spending too much money on new furniture, paint one wall in bold colors like red, teal (or black). Then use accent pieces like towels or rugs in complementary hues to bring out different elements within the space without investing in new fixtures!
When you have limited space in your bathroom, having larger cabinets is not an option.
This Slim Storage unit is perfect for storing items you would otherwise keep in a bulky vanity.
It’s incredibly durable; we’ve had ours for six years now.
Update Your Fixtures
- Replacing outdated faucets and showerheads
- Choosing modern, energy-efficient options
- Tips for finding affordable fixtures online and in-store
Revamp Your Vanity
The vanity is one of the essential elements when updating your bathroom. It’s not just about aesthetics; it can also significantly impact how much space you have in your bathroom and how much storage you have available.
If you’re looking for an easy way to update this area without breaking the bank, here are some budget-friendly options:
- DIY Upgrades: If you’re feeling crafty and want something more personal than pre-made vanities, consider painting or re-staining your existing cabinet (or even building one from scratch). You could also add new hardware like knobs or pulls for an extra touch of personality!
- Affordable Pre-Made Options: If all else fails and DIY isn’t your thing, there are plenty of affordable options out there for those who want something modern but don’t want to spend too much money on their remodel project–keep in mind that these won’t always fit into every space perfectly because they’re designed specifically for sure sizes/shapes/etc., so make sure whatever brand/style suits both yours and theirs before purchasing anything!
If floor space is limited, you must turn to your walls to benefit from a practical solution.
Maximize Your Storage Space
If you have a small bathroom, maximizing storage space is crucial.
Floating shelves and wall-mounted cabinets are great ways to make the most of your area without sacrificing style.
If you’re looking for an easy DIY project that adds extra storage to your bathroom, try installing floating shelves over the toilet or on the back of the door.
Watch These 20 Genius Small Bathroom Storage Ideas
Another thing you may want to consider is installing a shelf above the toilet.
These floating shelves, like lotions and towels, are great for additional storage.
Or you can use them for decorating.
They can hold up to 40 lbs. each.
Upgrade Your Lighting
- Bathroom lighting is essential for several reasons. It can help you see what you’re doing and ensure that your makeup looks good in the mirror, but it also sets the mood for your entire bathroom space.
- If you have an older home with dated fixtures, consider upgrading them to something more modern and energy-efficient. LED bulbs are a great option because they last longer than traditional incandescent bulbs (up to 50 times longer) and use less energy than CFLs or halogens. Pendant lights are another popular choice because they provide plenty of illumination while taking up little space above the vanity area–and they look great too!
- If you’re looking for ways to save money on this project: try shopping online at places like Amazon or Home Depot, where prices tend toward the lower end compared with local stores; buy in bulk if possible so that one purchase lasts longer; check out Craigslist/Thrift Stores for used items before buying new ones; install yourself if possible instead of hiring someone else since labor costs usually add up quickly when working with contractors.
Fixed Wicker Basket
If you struggle to find somewhere to keep your towels, you can solve this problem quickly by simply investing in a few small wicker baskets that can be fixed to the wall.
Shelf Above The Door
In addition to adding hooks or a hook rail to the bathroom door, you can also use the space above the door itself.
Re-Tile or Paint Your Bathroom Floor
- Re-tile or paint your bathroom floor.
- Consider using a textured tile, like slate or porcelain.
- If you’re looking for budget-friendly options, check out local home improvement stores and online retailers like Amazon for deals on tiles similar to those used in high-end bathrooms (but at a fraction of the cost).
Here is a guide on How To Paint Over Tile
Add Finishing Touches
Once you’ve completed your bathroom, remodel, add a few finishing touches to complete the look.
- Choose the right bathroom accessories (towel bars and toilet paper holders) that complement the overall design of your space.
- Incorporate greenery and plants for a fresh modern vibe.
If This Was Helpful, Please Share This Article