Instead of buying a new dishwasher, you can actually paint an old dishwasher with a liquid stainless steel paint kit.
This simple but effective method will have your old dishwasher looking like new for under $30.
Click The Play Button To Watch The Video!
Make An Old Dishwasher Look New With Paint
I had to replace the rubber gasket and drain filter of my dishwasher so I figured I’d paint it with stainless steel paint to match the fridge and give it a makeover while I’m at it.
The product I used is a Liquid Stainless Steel paint kit.
I love working with this paint when painting dishwashers because it is a water-based product that is easy to work with and has no odor.
What is Liquid Stainless Steel Paint?
Liquid Stainless Steel Paint is a unique metallic finish that creates a striking, reflective surface. Crafted with bits of real stainless steel and its metallic shine, this paint accentuates the natural beauty of your kitchen while providing a neutral color-wise appearance. The simple 3-step process was designed for easy application that can be completed in one day (including Giani 2.0 100% acrylic topcoat). This durable finish will last for years to come!
What is Included in the Kit?
The kit includes everything you need to cover the front-top-and hood of a typical range. It also covers the top half of a typical dishwasher, typically where most people want their appliances to look as good as new.
The kit includes a 6 oz stainless steel base coat, a 6 oz high-gloss clear topcoat (enough for two coats), (1) 2 in foam brush, and illustrated instructions.
How to Get Started
Before you begin, cleaning and prepping your surface for painting is essential. Once that’s done, apply the stainless steel base coat and topcoat with a clear finish for a high-gloss look.
How To Clean Your Surface
You must thoroughly clean your surfaces to eliminate any oils and grime that build up.
I find that Acetone or Denatured alcohol works best.
Another less aggressive but effective product is Krudd Cutter.
Tips for a Professional Finish
- Use a roller for the base coat and a brush for the topcoat.
- Keep a wet edge when painting. This means that you should not allow any paint to dry on your brush before applying it to another surface, which will result in an uneven finish.
- Allow the paint to dry completely between coats.
How to Maintain the Finish
- Clean the surface with a mild detergent and water. Avoid abrasive cleaners and scrubbing, as they can damage your finish.
- Use a microfiber cloth for drying and polishing.
Additional Uses for Liquid Stainless Steel Paint
Liquid Stainless steel paint can create a metallic look on cabinets, doors, and furniture. It’s also a great way to add a touch of glamour to walls and ceilings. If you have an old appliance that needs updating, this paint will transform it into a modern piece!
Pros and Cons of Liquid Stainless Steel Paint
- Easy to use: Liquid stainless steel paint is designed to be applied with a brush or roller and dries quickly. You can get your kitchen looking like a professional installation in just a few hours!
- Durable: The finish is durable enough to last for years without needing any touch-ups or repairs.
- Low odor and VOC: Unlike other types of paints that emit strong odors while they’re drying, liquid stainless steel paint has almost no odor, so you don’t have to worry about unpleasant smells wafting through your house while this project is underway!
- Not suitable for outdoor use: This type of finish isn’t meant for exterior surfaces like wood siding or metal roofs because it doesn’t stand up well against UV light exposure (which can cause fading over time). Suppose you’re looking for something more appropriate for outdoor projects, such as fences or doors. In that case, I recommend using Rustoleum Universal Metallic Paint instead–it comes in several beautiful shades, including gold leaf metallic, which would look great on any exterior surface!
Alternatives to Liquid Stainless Steel Paint
If you want to give your kitchen a stainless steel makeover but don’t want to deal with the mess of liquid paint, there are a few other options.
- Vinyl adhesive sheets are great for covering large areas quickly and easily. They can be applied directly onto walls or cabinets and peeled off when you’re ready for a change.
- Peel-and-stick stainless steel is another option for those who want an instant update without having to do any painting themselves. This material comes in rolls that look like sheet metal but are made from vinyl instead of metal; peel off one side of the backing paper and stick it on wherever you need some shiny accents!
- Stainless steel spray paint is another option if you’d instead not use either of those methods above–it’s just as easy as regular spray paint (shake well before use), although it won’t last quite as long since it doesn’t adhere directly onto surfaces like other types do. It is similar to bathtub paint/epoxy.
Where to Buy Liquid Stainless Steel Paint
Liquid Stainless steel paint is available in a variety of colors, but you’ll probably want to choose a color that matches your existing kitchen. It’s also important to consider other factors, like whether or not the finish will be glossy or matte.
Liquid stainless steel paint can be purchased at home improvement stores and online retailers like Amazon and eBay. You may also find it at specialty paint stores near one of those.
Liquid stainless steel paint is a great way to upgrade your kitchen with a modern, stylish look. It is easy to use and can be applied in a few simple steps daily. With proper care, it can last for years to come!